Veterinary Dental Referrals
Animal dental referrals is run by Dr. Christine Hawke, BVSc(Hons), PhD, MANZCVS (Veterinary Dentistry). Christine is a 1993 University of Sydney graduate who hated surgery and dentistry so much that she even did a PhD in immunogenetics to avoid anything remotely bloody. She accidentally got bitten by the dental bug while teaching General Medicine and Professional Practice at the University of Sydney, and gained her MANZCVS in Veterinary Dentistry in 2006.
Sydney Pet Dentistry was founded in 2007, and has provided Sydney’s longest running advanced small animal dentistry service for over a decade. Partnered with North Shore Specialist Hospital this allows provision of a wide range of services.
Common Dental Services
- Fast, thorough and efficient dental work for higher anaesthetic risk, elderly or compromised patients in a referral setting.
- Advanced procedures to save fractured teeth, such as root canal therapy and vital pulp capping.
- Difficult extractions, including canines and carnassials, especially the ones you don’t want to do (small fragile jaws are a favourite challenge).
- Efficient full mouth extractions with 24 hour post-op pain management and support for stomatitis in cats and dogs.
- Puppy bite assessment and orthodontic advice and treatment (yes, we can do braces but no, we don’t do them often).
- Periodontal therapy (more than just scaling and polishing).
- Dental radiographs and CT imaging for missing teeth, jaw swellings, oral masses etc.
- Difficult or long dental procedures not suitable for a local practise.